NATICK, MA, USA June 29, 2010
Cognex DataMan 100 Verifier Offers ISO 15426-2 Compliant Verification for 2D Data Matrix Codes
Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX) has announced enhancements to its DataMan® 100 2D Data Matrix code quality verifier. The DataMan 100 Verifier has been redesigned for faster setup and easier operation with a new lighting assembly, adjustable 30 and 45 degree angle lighting, an optional height-adjustable stand, and a new part positioning guide for easier location of codes.
The DataMan 100 verification system provides compliant grading to the ISO 15415, AIM DPM and AS9132 code quality standards and guidelines, and has been tested for compliance to the ISO 15426-2 standard for verification systems. Compliance to the ISO 15426-2 standard was made possible in December, 2009 with the release of GS1 Judge Certified Test Cards that have been tested on the recently completed 10x capability industry benchmark verification system.
“The DataMan 100 verification system has been significantly improved to offer superior ease of use, while building on the reliable grading performance of the original system,” said Carl Gerst, Business Unit Manager for Cognex ID Products. “Customers now get a true turnkey system which leverages high-performance Cognex software along with advanced optics, lighting and calibration features to ensure reliable verification on the widest range of mark types and surfaces.”
Highlights of the new DataMan 100 verification system include:
- Integrated, adjustable 30/45 degree low-angle lighting and integrated 90 degree DOAL lighting;
- A multi-hole mounting plate for direct attachment of verifier assembly to a fixed mounting location or to the optional adjustable stand;
- Clear part positioning guide with open window for easy and consistent code location;
- Control box with integrated I/O Module, power supply and quick connect lighting cable for easy setup;
- 10-inch X-Z adjustable stand kit with large base plate for standalone use (optional).
The DataMan 100 Verifier is available now. For more information, visit www.cognex.com/verify.
Gray & Rice Public Relations
Phone: (617) 367-0100 ext. 168